Pathfinder Counseling LLC
Expert individualized guidance to help students and families find, apply to and pay for the right fit college.
Finding the right college match is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. It's not only about being accepted by a college. More importantly it's about finding a fit that offers the best environment for each student's educational and personal growth where they can thrive and be successful.
With colleges becoming more expensive and competitive, families and students feel increased pressure to make the right college choice. Today going to college represents a significant family investment of time and financial resources. Pathfinder Counseling provides valuable help to navigate the college search, application and financial aid process, while keeping everything as stress free as possible. You can rely on Pathfinder Counseling to get to the heart of your student's aspirations and empower them to be ready for the next step in life.
Pathfinder Counseling Offers
- College matches uniquely suited to each student.
- Organization with CustomCollegePlan - 24/7 online college planning and application management tool.
- Help to simplify complex financial aid and scholarship options and paperwork.
- Tests to explore learning styles, interests, majors and careers.
- Coaching to write effective college essays.
- Advice to plan and make the most of campus visits.
- Practice to build confidence for college interviews.
- Guidance with course selection, standardized tests and summer programs
- Assistance with gap year, two year, technical, military, transfer and graduate options.
- Strategies for academic achievement and time management.
- Services for international students and families.
- Convenient hours to fit your busy schedule.
- In person consultation and global availability through Skype, FaceTime and Zoom.
- A variety of packages starting as early as the summer prior to 9th grade.
- Peace of mind knowing the college process is under control.
- Contact Pathfinder to get started today!
A Message From Francine
Francine Schwartz, M.A., LPC, NCC, Founder and President of Pathfinder Counseling LLC
Welcome to Pathfinder Counseling LLC. As a counselor, educator and parent, I understand that at times the transition to college can feel equally rewarding and overwhelming. With the explosion of information out there, your busy schedule, the desire to find the right school, not to mention today's college costs, where do you begin? I founded Pathfinder Counseling to serve as your mentor and guide, helping you navigate the entire college process from exploring potential careers and majors to applying for financial aid and scholarships. My goal is to ensure that each student finds the best possible college match, one where they can fulfill their potential. Experience peace of mind knowing that you will receive expert guidance and the individual attention necessary to make informed decisions.
Read more about Francine
"She is a great resource to the counselors who have students who need individual support to get into a particular college. She has the expertise and the determination to work with these students to help them achieve their highest aspirations. Fran is good at working with both parents and students and has arranged several events to benefit both groups in the college process. This year she arranged a tour for several first generation college students to go to ECSU. She also arranged for a college admissions representative and an admissions officer from Johnson & Wales University to meet with some of our seniors to apply for admission. Three of these students were accepted right on the spot. What a wonderful experience for them and their families! Fran is very proactive and focused. She is not afraid to look at new and better ways of doing things." - High School Guidance Director